FMYI [For MY Innovation] was founded in 2004 as the pioneer in social collaboration software. We host millions of workspaces for companies, government agencies, universities, and nonprofits of all sizes while being a B Corporation committed to people, planet, and profit. We have an award-winning workplace flexibility culture featuring policies that embrace who you are at work and beyond. We have a remote workforce, having promoted telecommuting since our inception, and supporting people who take care of family members and pets at home. And we’re proud of our media coverage in TechCrunch, New York Times, Businessweek, The Oregonian, Silicon Florist, and other sources.
Are you a software engineer who wants to be a part of a dynamic team committed to standards-based web application development? Would you like the variety of working on different web and mobile applications while learning new skills? Do you enjoy workplace flexibility? And being in a tech company that not only cares about the environment and community, but goes the extra mile to get certified and registered as a B Corporation? Then apply to join the inspiring team at FMYI, where you’ll pick up skills and grow in our supportive environment.
- Development and maintenance of applications
- Database administration, including growth planning
- System administration
- Software engineering experience with Java
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Pass a background check
- Software engineering experience with PHP, iOS, and Android
- Professional experience in database and systems administration, and/or web development
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, and knowledge of web standards (e.g. HTTP, HTML, SMTP)
- Experience with iOS or Android mobile development experience
- Sustainability interest and/or experience
- Award winning flexible, collaborative, and casual work environment
- No limit on time off to help balance life with being a productive contributor to the team
- Medical plan with 80% subsidy of employee’s premiums
- Dental and vision plan
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Employee stock option plan
- Sustainability training
To apply, email a cover letter and resumé to us. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!