As you sing “It’s the most wonderful time…of the year” while enjoying your secret Santa gift after the office holiday party, you’ll notice how things are slowing down around you. Besides singing to yourself, it’s also the best time of the year to get organized before things go back to the normal overflowing inbox in January. Take advantage of this opportunity to get organized for growth in 2013!
You can hit the ground running by leveraging one forgotten asset you have that can make a tremendous impact on your team. Here’s a hint – you may be letting it slip through the cracks right now! It’s your team’s detailed history of work.
To set the stage for using this your team’s history to your advantage, let’s get to how we measure success:
• Your people: Are your most valuable assets working efficiently?
• Your impact: Are you accomplishing what you set out to do?
• Your bottom line: Making more and spending less. How do you get the most for your money?
Here’s the magic — organizations are all different, but there’s one thing every team has: their own history. Right now we’re getting ready for 2013. In one year’s time, will you look back with confidence that you captured everything in a way that propels you forward? Or will you just wish you had done so? You’re making history right now. So how do you successfully harness it for future success? If all your information is in flooded email boxes silo’d across your team, or scattered in a shared drive, you’ll be limited to the things in front of your face and on the top of your list. Instead, get all your messages, files, tasks, events, and people into one centralized hub, organized by contact or project.
We’ve seen three major problems with CRM/contract tracking and project management software:
1. Some CRMs or Project Management systems are so rigid or convoluted that users don’t adopt them, making them inefficient.
2. Systems may be set up for only client OR project files. This neglects the forms, best practices, and critical communication components that go on elsewhere in the company. Team members won’t be able to have quick access to all the information they need, all in one place.
3. Expensive integration with your current systems. If you’re spending months training people, you’re distracting people from conducting their business and you’re spending oodles of money.
With the right sharing solution, your own history will teach you how to lead a bigger 2013. Whether you track contacts, manage projects, or share resources, you’ll empower your people to perform at their peak. The right team members will see your impact from the big picture to the smallest details. And best of all, if you select an affordable solution your budget will be minimally impacted while your growth maximized.
Fortunately, FMYI has a 50% off year-end-discount going on right now, which means you start making history with your team for half off! We’re not tax advisors, but I’m told that if you purchase your site before the end of the year, you may be able to take a tax deduction on your 2012 return*.
You need to be able to see where you’ve been to effectively get where you are going. Your organization can collectively use history to stay on track for a bigger 2013 by using a simple and powerful FMYI site. It’s a history making opportunity for you at the most wonderful time of the year!
*Up to $500,000. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Consult with your tax professional regarding eligibility.